Mission: As champions for personal choice in health and wellness, our members work together, encouraging ongoing professional development in the field of BioEnergetic Wellness, to better provide services and education to the public.
Vision: Creating a world where bioenergetic wellness disciplines and methods are recognized, valued, and utilized by people making choices to improve their quality of life.
Purpose: We are a not-for-profit Association. Our purpose is to:
- serve and support our members in pursuit of knowledge and skill development;
- provide regular networking opportunities for members – sharing information, ideas, resources and inspiration;
- set Standards of Practice for bioenergetic wellness throughout Canada;
- promote and inform the public about their opportunities to choose and include bioenergetic wellness in personal quality of life choices.
- advocate for bioenergetic wellness to ensure choice for all Canadians – at provincial and federal levels of government; and
- collaborate with other bioenergetic wellness organizations (‘Partner Organization’).
CanBeWell members represent the many bioenergetic wellness disciplines, as well as supplementary modalities and techniques, that support the body’s natural healing processes. Historically, we served ‘the broader muscle testing community’. As we move to a more encompassing future, we are engaging and welcoming membership from a broader bioenergetic wellness community.
In working with clients, family and friends, our members use BioEnergetic Feedback (BEF) to assist in assessing physical, mental, spiritual or emotional imbalances that can result in dis-ease in the body systems. BioEnergetic Wellness techniques provide corrections to bring balance back, thus supporting the innate healing potential that exists in all of us.
Bioenergetic Wellness encompasses a variety of disciplines, as well as supplementary modalities and techniques, which support the innate potential of the body systems to heal. The self-responsibility model of wellness is central to these holistic techniques. The term ‘Bioenergetic Wellness’ recognizes the scope of our practice that is well beyond the limited definition of ‘kinesiology’ as related to muscle and joint movement. The techniques used assist in establishing and maintaining a clear, balanced flow of energy. This energetic ‘balance’ is assessed through hands-on and/or hands-off Bioenergetic Feedback (BEF). BioEnergetic Feedback is the gathering of information about the body systems by assessing the human biofield (Human Energy Field) or the neuroenergetic loop. The neuroenergetic loop is the pathway that connects the brain and the body via the electrical or energy system.
Both hands-on and hands-off approaches provide the assessment tool.
- Hands-on – Muscle Monitoring* (MM) or Bioenergetic Monitoring* (BEM) is utilized. A stress or challenge** is presented to the body systems. When the challenge is presented, the indicator muscle** responds to the ‘challenge’ by either ‘holding’ – where the indicator stays in position, or ‘releasing’ – where the indicator position moves. This is also referred to as “lock” or “unlock” of the indicator muscle.
- Hands off – the awareness of the biofield (human energy field) through the hands enables the facilitator to assess blocks or imbalance in the energetic system.
Bioenergetic Wellness facilitators utilize a variety of techniques to bring the biofield and body systems back into a state of balance, which in turn supports the individual’s natural potential for healing, and in turn, overall health and wellness.
*Muscle Monitoring and BioEnergetic Monitoring are differentiated from the physiotherapy application of ‘muscle testing’. ‘Muscle testing’ is a measurement of muscle strength, rather than an assessment of the energetic flow in the body.
** Indicator Muscle: “A muscle which, according to Dr. R Utt, developer of the technique of Applied Physiology, is in perfect balance or homeostasis and neither over- or under-stressed.”
Benefits of Bioenergetic Wellness techniques
Bioenergetic wellness is beneficial for everyone, as it assists in reversing the symptoms of dis-ease and stress in our body systems. The applied techniques correct and balance the energy flow, bringing the body systems into their natural state of homeostasis (or balance). This supports the body’s natural healing potential as our body systems correct. This allows for greater overall health and wellness, including relief of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual symptoms of imbalance.
If you have not experienced this holistic wellness option, it is time to explore this for yourself and your family. You will be amazed at your body’s response.
A session is intended to promote and support the body’s natural potential to heal and maintain homeostasis (or balance). Paramount in all sessions is the assumption of self-responsibility in the wellness model.
During your session, the Bioenergetic Wellness facilitator will:
- Identify your key goal(s) for optimum health and wellness.
- Make an Initial assessment provides BioEnergetic Feedback (BEF) based upon the goal or objective for the session, identifying energetic stressors, blocks or imbalances at a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level. Some examples of energetic stressors could include physical trauma, emotional triggers, or mind/body blocks.
- Apply techniques to bring systems into balance. Examples of techniques that may be used in a session include: supporting the meridian lines in the body (also known as the Primovascular system, or Bonghan Channels) by holding; massaging or tracing the acupressure points; neurolymphatic massage/trigger points; and neurovascular holding points on the head. These healing techniques are used to bring the flow of energy into and through the organ systems, nervous system, the muscles, tendons, ligaments and facia to better support the person’s overall health, function, structure. BioEnergetic Feedback (BEF) can be used to determine the most beneficial approach(es) to use during the session, and also to re-assess identified imbalances to ensure the state of flow and homeostasis has been re-established during the course of a session.
- Follow up with Post-assessment – BEF is used to confirm that the techniques applied have indeed changed the imbalances, and if also if any further corrections are required.
Please Note: Bioenergetic wellness facilitators do not attempt to diagnose or treat specific disease(s).
Bioenergetic Wellness is part of the continuing evolution in research and application in the study of the human energy, the human biofield, and the many body systems.
Bioenergetic Wellness acknowledges the contribution of pioneers in the fields of Applied Physiology, Applied Kinesiology and Specialized Kinesiology, all of which use hands-on biofeedback (MM and BEM). These visionaries include: Dr. George Goodheart, Dr. John Thie (Touch for Health®), Dr. Bruce Dewe (PKP™), Dr. Sheldon Deal (Applied Kinesiology), Dr. Richard Utt (Applied Physiology), Dr. Ian Stubbing (Stress Indicator Points System – SIPS), Dr. Deitrich Klingheart, Dr. Alan Sales (Cyberkinetics), Dr. Charles Krebs (LEAP Brain Integration), and others. Leaders in the hands-off biofeedback techniques found in Therapeutic Touch are Dr. Delores Krieger and Dora Kunz. Today, Bioenergetic Wellness provides an encompassing term for the many disciplines, modalities and techniques using biofeedback from the body and biofield for assessment and for supporting holistic corrections resulting in overall well-being.
Professional research and training continue to advance the field of Bioenergetic Wellness.
Contemporary scientific tools and techniques provide us with ways to more precisely observe and represent the biofield (human energy field), our brain and body systems.
Parallel to professional development and application, Bioenergetic Wellness also carries forward our predecessors work in providing opportunities for lay-persons to learn these techniques, encouraging participation in the self-care model for health and wellness for individuals, their families and community.
Content from Blog Article)
CanBeWell offers the exciting potential to serve as the hub bringing bioenergetic wellness to the attention of the public in Canada and beyond. We invite your organization to collaborate with us on this journey as one of our ‘Partner Organizations’. Through cooperation and support we are all energized and stronger.
For more information, please contact the CanBeWell Office.
Visit our website again soon!